VBS 2023 Promo Video
Hometown Nazareth (Where Jesus was a kid)
SAVE THE DATE!
Come join us for a week-long adventure in Jesus’s hometown - Nazareth: Vacation Bible School -July 15th-19th at church. Please add it to your calendars!
Partnering with parents, we strive to help kids know and love Jesus, become more like Him, and share Him with others.
First Visit with the Kids
Take advantage of one or all of these offerings on your first visit. Here's what you can expect when visiting KidZone with your kids:
Kids’ Church 9:50ish-10:40: Kids 4 years thru 4th grade.
Before going to ‘big Church’ with you at 9:30 am, stop at the Kids’ Check-in Table to check in your child. Affix the label to your child and save the pick-up portion to get your child after Kids’ Church. They will be dismissed to Kids’ Church about 9:50 am, and can be picked up after 'big church' if your child is 2nd grade or younger.
Cookie Time… 10:40 am-11:00 am: Coffee and cookies for all in the lobby upstairs!
All-Church Sunday School 11:00 am-11:45 am: 45 minutes of age-specific learning of God’s Word and its application to their lives. Kids meet downstairs in KidZone. 2's & 3's are in the Nursery.
- Your child will join you in ‘big Church’ until about 9:50 am. The Pastor may call the kids up front, have a short kids’ message, and then dismiss them to Kids’ Church.
- Accompanied by an adult and at least one Youth Assistant, they will head down to the KidZone for Kids’ Church. (The kids will be checked to ensure they have a check-in label before going down, so don’t skip the check-in part!)
- To pick them up after the service, take a left at the bottom of the stairs in the KidZone. ALL kids up through 2nd grade must be picked up by a parent or guardian with their pick-up tag.
Hangin’ out time in the lobby. Get to know somebody after the service. Help yourself to a great cup of coffee and yummy cookies, and be sure your kids get some! A restroom break is also a great idea for the little ones before Sunday School.
Our Kids’ and Youth classes are:
Preschool 2- and 3-year-olds: Northwoods Nursery
Kindergarten 4- and 5-year-olds: Room 115
Grades 1 and 2: Room 107
Grades 3 and 4: Room 105
Grades 5 and 6: Room 112
Grades 7-12: Room 111
A Kids’ Ministry Leader will be in the KidZone helping you find a room if you need help.
All kids through 2nd grade should be escorted to and from their Sunday School class.
You are absolutely welcome to attend any session on any Sunday.
Safety and Security
- All Kids’ Ministry Adult Workers have a current background and reference check.
- A security label and corresponding pick-up tag identify the appropriate parent/guardian for Kids’ Church pickup.
Kids with Special Needs
- If additional help is needed for your child, let’s start the dialogue. Please fill out the Contact Us/Get in Touch form.
Ministry Leader & Assistant Leader
Chris Schaefer is our Kids' Ministry Leader here at WCC.
Kaitlyn Brooks is our Assistant Kids' Ministry Leader.
Please reach out to either of us for any info you may need.
If you have further questions concerning your Kids' Ministry experience or visiting Waushara Community Church with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!