Going Deeper - February 25th, 2024
Title: Boasting In The Cross Of Christ
SERIES: THE MAN, THE MESSAGE, THE MANNER
SCRIPTURE: Galatians 6:11-18
The Apostle Paul pens a letter to some churches in the region of Galatia that he and his fellow brothers in Christ started via the sharing of the good news of Jesus Christ. The reason for the letter is the Apostle Paul has heard that his name has been smeared, the good news of Jesus Christ has been distorted and therefore the application to life needs to be reinforced by those who have found freedom in Christ. In our study we will learn more about the man, Paul; the message of the true gospel of Jesus Christ; and the manner in which we who believe in Jesus should live. A realignment is needed!
- Paul writes in his own hand this letter or a portion of it. When is the last time you wrote a letter to someone in your own hand? When is the last time you receive a letter from someone else in their own hand? How is this different than email and texting?
- How might we try to escape the persecution or pressure that society might put on those who are Christians?
- What matters is that you are a new creation. Read 2 Corinthians 5:17-21. What do you glean from these verses?
- There is a physical Israel and a spiritual Israel. How can this get confusing in the Bible? Paul is speaking to Gentile Christians and tying them to Jewish names. 3.7, 29; 4.25-26; 1 Pe. 2:9-10
- Paul uses the term “brothers” at least 10 times in this short letter. How does this reinforce his soap box of “Christ alone”? How could we stress the family element of our church body?
- What is your final takeaway from the book of Galatians?