Extended Call & Response Results
The following is the call extended to Stephen after our final affirmative vote on Sunday.
Stephen and Jenny,
I’m honored as the Elder chair to be able to extend a call to you as the Waushara
Community Church Teaching Pastor. By the affirmation of the Holy Spirit to His people at WCC, a recent approval by vote from the members of the church family has been concluded and passed.
Please be prayerful in your response, however, a response would be likened by the evening of February 5 to share the excitement with our church family as well.
WCC Elder Scott Abbrederis
Here is their response to the Elders which we wanted to share with each of you.
Waushara Community Church,
We are deeply grateful for your call for Stephen to step into the role of Teaching Pastor and we are thrilled to accept. We are also deeply humbled and thankful for God's continual guidance, provision, and preparation for both our family and the WCC church family in bringing us to this point together. The next few weeks will be full as we wrap up our ministry and lives in southwest Iowa and prepare to begin life in Wisconsin. We value your prayers as we undertake this transition and are so excited to join you in serving Jesus!
Praise God for all of your prayers, seeking the Lord, and participation with the Elders throughout this transition period. We are still working out the timeline as to his actual starting date so please continue to pray about that as well.
Scott Abbrederis WCC Elder chair
Short Bio and Prayer Card for the Beauliers
Stephen and Jenny
Stephen and Jenny
- 16 years married
- Leah - 3
- Micah - 6
- Josiah - 9
Stephen is passionate about teaching sound doctrine that encourages people to take next steps towards and with Jesus.
- Associate Pastor, Faith Community Church; Red Oak, IA - 2018 - Present
- Associate Pastor, Chillicothe Bible Church; Chillicothe, IL - 2013 - 2018
- Internship/Lay Ministry, Bethany Alliance Church, Charles City, IA - 2009 - 2013
- Crown College, St. Bonifacius, MN - 2009 B.A. in Pastoral Leadership
Sermon samples: (look for Stephen’s name)
The Teaching Pastor will serve on the elder team as the primary teaching elder with responsibility to:
a) Share the message of Jesus Christ and his love for sinners to the unbelieving community of Waushara County
b) Instruct and model discipleship o fJ e s u s Christ to the believing congregation
c) Teach believers to share the Gospel and disciple others.
This man will have a passion for God's word and its application to all aspects and phases of life. This full-time position requires leadership and shepherding for the equipping and engaging of the church body for service in a concerted effort with the elder team.
Qualifications A man who:
• Meets the elder scriptural qualifications set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
• Is in full agreement with the Constitution and Bylaws of the Waushara Community Church and
with the Statement of Faith of the Evangelical FreeChurch of America.
• Continues to grow in his relationship with Christ and lives a life of daily repentance.
• Focuses on making disciples.
• Strives to work and communicate well with others.
• Demonstrates our stated mission, vision, and values.
• Handles conflict in a healthy, biblical manner.
• To the other elders o n the elder team
• To God's flock of Waushara Community Church
Duties & Responsibilities
• To conduct the regular gatherings of Waushara Community Church and help administer
baptisms and communion.
• To carry out the spiritual responsibilities of an elder of Waushara Community Church as detailed in 1 Peter 5:1-4 and Acts 20:28-31 in concert with the elder team
• To provide leadership along with the elder team for continued spiritual growth of the flock of Waushara Community Church.
• To lead by example and disciple the staff of Waushara Community Church.
Candidate Weekend Schedule
Friday, Jan. 26 - Sunday, Jan. 28, 2004
- Ministry Leaders with Candidate Stephen at 4 p.m. in the library.
- All congregation “meet and greet” with Pastor Stephen and Jenny from 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. in the lobby.
(This is a come and go event but there will be the sharing of Candidate Stephen’s and Jenny’s testimonies at 6 p.m. in the sanctuary.)
- All Church Breakfast with Candidate Stephen at 8 a.m. in the lobby.
- Candidate Stephen will preach at the 9:30 a.m. worship service.
- Coffee Fellowship at 10:40 a.m.
- Q & A with Candidate Stephen and Jenny in the sanctuary at 11 a.m.
- Membership vote to follow the Q&A
(This is a 75% affirmative vote by members present and voting.)
Mark your calendars and plan to meet the Beauliers!!!